Companies are quickly moving to the cloud in a bid to stay competitive within their industry, promote digital agility and cut costs. But, moving workloads to platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure isn’t as simple as a click of the button.
Migration strategies should reflect established IT policies, and architects need to have an acute understanding of the requirements of certain applications or workflows. Moving to the cloud greatly expands a business’ digital environment and its responsibilities, despite the fact the service may operate through a third-party vendor.
Integrity360 draws on years of expertise in the cloud security sector to complete a cloud readiness assessment that evaluates:
- Scope of the project;
- Unique cyber security risks posed by individual applications;
- Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) appraisal;
- Requirements of industry-specific, national and global regulatory standards;
- Operational areas of concern;
- Security tools needed to maintain visibility into network traffic.
After gaining this comprehensive understanding of the challenges that lay ahead, Integrity360 experts create a tailored strategy to guide companies through their migration to the cloud.
Benefits of a cloud readiness assessment
Companies are increasingly learning about the success other businesses are having with their cloud migration strategies, but rarely hear about the failures. Uncoordinated projects can lead to the development of new vulnerabilities, which give attackers a better chance at infiltrating a digital environment undetected.
Cloud readiness assessments are a proven methodology of creating a cloud migration strategy that matches the needs of a business’ unique infrastructure, while still compensating for the modern cyber security risks of the increasingly evolving threat landscape.
Benefits of a cloud readiness assessment include:
- Detailed understanding of proposed cloud environment
- Identification of cyber security, operational and financial risks involved with cloud migration
- Ensure data centre compliance with regulations like General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS)
- Prioritisation of implementation phases to reduce chance of business disruption and improve cloud deployment speed
- A more secure digital environment that doesn’t compromise the agility and flexibility provided by cloud services
Cloud migration strategies are complex initiatives that can elevate a company’s potential if carried out correctly. Our experts help you ensure your business’ cloud environment is as secure as its on-site infrastructure.
Is your company ready to move to the cloud? Contact us today to get started on your cloud readiness assessment.